St Ciers de Cannesse, 33710 Tel: 00 33 (0)5 57 64 15 21 or Mob: 00 33 (0)6 52 73 7 405
Bordeaux is a city for gourmets of all descriptions, gourmets of wine and also food. Bordeaux, as the capital of the Aquitaine region benefits from having so many excellent food specialities in its back yard. These include:
- game meats and tender lamb
- speciality products like foie gras and a wonderful range of cheeses.
- fresh sea food such as oysters, lobsters, caviar and a great range of fish.
- fruits, salad and vegetables
- breads, cakes and patisseries - Bordeaux even has it’s own speciality cakes “Caneles”
From large restaurants in the Bordeaux Opra house to small beach side cafes – good food is everywhere. One of the most famous resturants in bordeaux is the "Le Chapon Fin" which was established in the 19th century, the place has had its ups and downs since – but has generally been the most celebrated table in town. This is where visiting presidents dine. Also artists. Toulouse-Lautrec and Sarah Bernhardt helped set the trend as well as it's extraordinary “interior rockery” décor which seems to be growing more around the dining room with every passing year.( 5 Rue Montesquieu, Bordeaux).